The History Education Council of Hawaii
History Education Hawaii (HEH) invites you to come immerse yourself in history education. Our doors are open to history educators, history students, historians and history buffs from all walks of life. Our ever-evolving programs are the centerpiece of our on-going efforts to promote history and facilitate the prosperous future history educators deserve.
We work in concert with participating cultural, historical institutions and tourist attractions in Hawaii, opening doors to residents and visitors around the Pacific Rim nations to explore and be inspired.
Our invitation is for all to discover, proclaim and celebrate the enriching benefits of learning history.
Our programs, offered throughout the year, include:
- Professional development opportunities for history educators.
- Hawaii History Bee and Bowl.
- History Education Hawaii's nationally recognized news-blog.
- Annual recognition awards that celebrate history education leadership.
- The Hawaii Lyceum of History. (In development)
- The Hawaii History Blog Project (http://hawaiihistoryblogs.blogspot.com)
- Annual Conference.
- An Online Journal of History (In development)
Our interactive, learner-centered and inquiry-based programs give all participants in history education an array of choices. Come discover, explore and sharpen your analytical thinking skills.
We believe in providing entertaining, informative and memorable opportunities for all who love history.
Our mission, combined with emerging leadership, global partnerships and cutting-edge technology sets a new standard for celebrating history education.